[TYPO3-english] using standard templates....is someone there on the list?

Philipp Gampe phil at philippgampe.info
Fri Jul 3 00:10:56 CEST 2009

Am 02.07.2009, 23:46 Uhr, schrieb Hugo Moonen <hcmoonen at moonennet.com>:

> Dear Typo3 users,
>
> Can anyone help with the folowwing, very easy problem please?
> I have installed typo and I can create simple text boxes etc.
>
> But I want to use the "standard templates" that are built-in in typo3.
>
> Because when I just make a menu the layout is not going to be good.
>
> But I don't have to make my own template probably, because there is
> already
> one.
> But how can use 'm that I can make use of the standard templates? I would
> love to have such a standard template!
>
> I am waiting for someone to help me, I would be thankful for a little
> bit of
> help now.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Hugo Moonen
> The Netherlands.
> hcmoonen at moonennet.com
>

> P.S.Then I could finally use typo3 in a way that I can publish a website,
> that is were typo3 was made for.

first of all its TYPO3 (typo3 is fine too in my eyes) but typo is another
piece of software

second you can use static templates which can be choosen in Web>Template
using the select box above the "create new template record" link
you might need to import them through the install tool (2 point [database
stuff], then click import >> static stuff)

anyway it is not the purpuse of typo3 to be shipped as an upload and run
system
instead typo3 ist just considered being a framework for a CMS ("content
management system _framework_")

if you want to have a quickly runable site use some other CMS instead
(like wordpress)

Best regards
Phil

--
I never knew how good Opera is as a newsreader! Try it!
(used Thunderbird and Evolution before)