[TYPO3-english] Flat Menu (like a Table of Contents) Into subpages and their content element headings

Nicholas W 4407 at log1.net
Thu Jul 2 16:27:11 CEST 2009

Dear All,
 I came across this rather useful code which I can place on a page to
show the list of content elements on a page and link to them. Like a
Table Of Contents for a specific page.

temp.contentnav = CONTENT
temp.contentnav {
  table = tt_content
  select {
    pidInList = this
    orderBy = sorting
    where = colPos=0
    languageField=sys_language_uid

  }
  renderObj = TEXT
  renderObj {
    field = header
    typolink.parameter.field=pid
    typolink.parameter.dataWrap=|
    typolink.additionalParams.insertData=1
    typolink.additionalParams=&content_id={field:uid}
    typolink.no_cache=1
    if.isTrue.field=header
  }

}

Can anyone give me any specific clues how to extend this idea so I can
show on one page a table of contents build from the next layer of
pages, and the the content elements there in like so:

Sub Page 1 (links to top of page)
   Sub Content 1 (links to #of item in the page and so on)
   Sub Content 2
   Sub Content 3
Sub Page 2
   Sub Content 1