[TYPO3-english] Browser Loading Issue with TYPO3 4.2.6

Nick Weisser typo3 at openstream.ch
Wed Jul 1 23:25:27 CEST 2009

On 01.07.2009 21:53, Johannes Feustel wrote:
> I guess it's because of the "Content-Length: 4086"
> If you safe the page FF tells you that 1.7 KB is already downloaded
> while waiting for 4.0KB. See screenshot.
>
> Maybe http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9972 helps.

You hit the nail on the head! Thanks a ton, Johannes!

I tried to set

TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['compressionLevel'] = true

which seems to work on some pages, but not on others.

Will try to apply the patch to use PHP built–in gzip/deflate compression
in front end tomorrow hoping to finally have found the needle in the
hack stack:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9974

Cheers,
Nick