[TYPO3-english] rtehtmlarea, tt_news, and pre tag whitespace

Michael Cannon mc at acqal.com
Wed Jan 28 07:00:17 CET 2009

In adding content to tt_news, I'm needing the whitespace within pre and
custom tags to be left alone. Normally, this isn't a problem. However, I'm
dealing with custom tags within the pre tag that end up removing the
whitespace formatting.

Any there any ideas to have the tt_news RTE on save keep my pre and custom
tag content whitespace?

Screenshots
Original source -
http://www.acqal.com/fileadmin/media/test/acqal-pre-source-original.png
RTE saved source -
http://www.acqal.com/fileadmin/media/test/acqal-pre-source-rte-post-savel.png
RTE saved - http://www.acqal.com/fileadmin/media/test/acqal-pre-rte.png

*rtehtmlarea 1.5.5 installed*. Typical configuration used.

TS Config
# MLC 20090116 PR tags
RTE.default.proc {
  # Allow embed (Youtube) HTML tags in the RTE
  allowTags :=
addToList(object,param,embed,chron,org,orgid,money,person,location)
  allowTagsOutside := addToList(object,embed)
  entryHTMLparser_db.allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
}

TypoScript setup
lib.parseFunc_RTE.allowTags :=
addToList(object,param,embed,chron,org,orgid,money,person,location)

--
Michael Cannon
CEO, Acqal Corporation -- Official TYPO3 Agency for Support, Training and