[TYPO3-english] mnogosearch and tt_news indexing

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Jan 25 21:42:40 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for your reply.

> Can you add this as a bug report to Forge? I will fix it when I have a
> next mnogosearch round.
As soon as forge is up again..

> The position of "Records" is not important, it can be anywhere.
Okay - disallow order is explained in detail in the manual, but nothing about records order, so I was not sure.

>>> {htdb.c:314} Query: SELECT title AS title,datetime AS
>>> {last_mod_time,bodytext AS body FROM tt_news WHERE uid=18670
>>>
>>> [20854]{01} No data received
>
> Hmmm. It says "no data received". It appears that it cannot fetch data.
> What happens if you run this query manually?
It works as expected (I get the data of the news recod). As pointed out, this query is never executed (according to mysql log).

> News are indexed when you run "cli_dispatch.php mnogosearch". URL log just
> records information about modified pages/records to ensure that only they
> are reindexed (not the whole web site).
Thanks for pointing this out!
What's about first indexing run when nothing in urllog? Should all records be indexed?

> I think the problem is that "SELECT title AS title,datetime AS
> last_mod_time,bodytext AS body FROM tt_news WHERE uid=18670" does not
> return anything. You can try to run the indexer with "-v 5" to see more
> information.
I tried -v 5 and also enabled any debug options in mnogosearch I could find. I now get every SQL query performed putted out - of course the mentioned one is not there..

It's really strange..:
> [24922]{01} HTDBDoc: SELECT title AS title,datetime AS last_mod_time,bodytext AS body FROM tt_news WHERE uid=18702
> {htdb.c:314} Query: SELECT title AS title,datetime AS last_mod_time,bodytext AS body FROM tt_news WHERE uid=18702
> [24922]{01} Response.body: <NULL>
> [24922]{01} Response.URL: htdb:/tt_news/11/18702
> [24922]{01} Response.URL_ID: -675004684
> [24922]{01} Status: 0 Not indexed yet
> [24922]{01} No data received

Total run available at [1]

I also tried version 3.3.6 (instead of snapshot) with same result
I tried it on my production server (debian etch) as well - with same negative result.
With records of another extension it's the same problem..

As I'm not familiar with C(++)-debugging I'll ask a colleague for some help within the next few days. I really wonder why mnogosearch can retrieve IDs of new tt_news records but not the record itself.

If you have any ideas till then, I'll nevertheless be happy :)

Thanks
Steffen

[1] http://pastebin.com/m25341d14