[TYPO3-english] How to remove "Yahoo! Counter starts" hack?

Gunnar Jonsson gu-jonss at online.no
Sun Jan 25 21:01:15 CET 2009

Some time ago I got the Yahoo Counter hack into my Typo3 website. After some
time I managed to get rid of the symptoms, but now it seems that it is back
again. Does anyone knows how to clean the typo3 website from that hack?

The symptoms is seen when you look at the sourcecode in the web browser,
there is an extra script statement at the bottom of the page like this:

<script language=javascript><!-- Yahoo! Counter starts
if(typeof(yahoo_counter)!=typeof(1))eval(unescape('#%2........

and it takes extra time to show the page in the web browser.

Regards,
Gunnar Jonsson