[TYPO3-english] [t3blog] Help needed about comments in chinese

Dominic Brander dominic at typo3.org
Fri Jan 23 18:52:24 CET 2009

Hi Gideon
great to here from you!

This seems to be a UTF8 problem.

We cut long words in the comment field into pieces. This might cause the
trouble.
Please have a look in
t3blog\typo3conf\ext\t3blog\pi1\widgets\blogList\class.singleFunctions.php

at the function splitLongWordsInText.

There you'll find the maximum number of letters (currently 64) - if
there is a word longer than this number of signs we split it into pieces.
Can you try to play with this parameter (put it on 2000) to find out if
this might be the problem?

greetings,
dominic

anyway:we will publish a new version in the next days.

--
dominic