[TYPO3-english] Problems staying logged in with two installs on same site

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Fri Jan 23 17:53:39 CET 2009

Hello Walrick,

> Hello,
>
> Before the recent typo3 upgrade, I was able to stay logged in the
> backend of two TYPO3 installs on the same website/domain (one in the
> site root and one in a subdirectory).
>
> Now after the upgrade to 4.2.4 as soon as I click on one page in one
> backend, I'm logged out of the other backend. This is very annoying.
> Is this intended behaviour from now on or a bug?
>
> Regards,
>
> Walrick

Have you emptied all session cookies. As the changelog tells, there are some
changes in session fixation (security reason). Suppose this is making the
problem.

Have no problem as far as I can see with 4 sites where 3 are subdomains.
Some problem because I had to clear cookies for each subsites, and this made
also session cookies on the other sites with same domain cleared, and I had
to re-login.

You could also look at cookieDomian in Install tool, and see if setting this
to the full subdomain helps

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no