[TYPO3-english] Two questions about standard mail form (remove legend tag, and mark required fields)

Søren Madsen sma at cs.au.dk
Fri Jan 23 12:08:03 CET 2009

I'm building basic forms with the standard TYPO3 form builder, and
have two questions I hoped you guys could help me with:

1)
For radio buttons, an extra legend tag is inserted which duplicates
what have already been written in the label tag.
How do I remove this extra legend tag (since it's invalid in this
position in XHTML trans, and needless)?
I've searched in the Typoscript Object Browser, but can't find it. Is
this hardcoded somewhere?

2)
I'd really like to be able to mark up required fields with either an
asteriks after the label, or even better; that required fields are
marked with a class "required".
How do I that? And shouldn't this be standard?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Søren Madsen