[TYPO3-english] Problem cannot access web pages with IE

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jan 22 12:47:11 CET 2009

Am Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:21:51 +0700 schrieb Aquamarine Verner:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using CoolURI and there is no problem with IE until now. But since
> you mentioned about extensions so I'll have a look.
>
> In case I'll still have no luck, I'm opening for any suggestion. I want
> to repeat again that "I can see the page for half a second before it
> change to 404".

that sounds like a forwarding or similar problem using javascript.
you should enable script-debugging to get a hint.

IE is very sensible with javascript-errors which will stop the execution
of any further javascript. So one simple error in a new include can stop
the correct display of the whole page.

the relation to TYPO3:
maybe one new extension includes a javascript which has an error in your
environment (missing configuration, missing other script, ...)

your original problem (no view at the next day):
IE has it's own meaning of cache. you might have cleared your server-
cache, but IE often continues to use the files in it's own browser-cache.
escpecially if you use IE just for control (=no BE-login!)

you also may install the "IE developer toolbar" to get more details of
constructed html or help with cache-clearing.

bernd