[TYPO3-english] Application integration

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Jan 21 20:54:31 CET 2009

Hi,

> Hi everyone, i'm new in this particular cms, i'm doing some research in how
> to integrate an existing aplication that has several php scripts and i would
> like to keep them. I was wondering if there is some guide or maybe some
> could give some guidelines how to this ?

You would need to be more precise about what you want to achieve.
However if your existing application is supposed to display stuff that
will appear in the web site, then you probably want to create a frontend
plugin that will wrap around your application. Of course the more you
reuse the application's code, the less you benefit from TYPO3's built-in
features, but it may be an acceptable trade-off in your situation.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter