[TYPO3-english] Warning: unlink home/xxxxx/public_html/index/typo3temp/tx_directmail_cron.lock)

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Jan 21 14:46:03 CET 2009

Hi!

> Wiel, J.A.M. van de wrote:
>> Seeing as how there was practically no information to go on in the original, I assumed www as the owner of the dir. It would work in that case. A chmod 777 would of course always work, but that'd just be plain nasty security-wise..
>
> I do not think anyone will be able to login as www user or execute chmod as www user :)

Log as www not but as root... :-)

> Correct permission commands will be:
>
> chown -R username:apachegroupname *
> chmod -R u+rwX,g+rX-w,o-rwx *
> chmod -R g+w fileadmin typo3temp uploads typo3conf

and then open the install tool to be sure that it says that permissions
are correct. If someone does not know how to set permissions, I think
it's wise to redirect this person to the install tool afterward.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html