[TYPO3-english] Xdebug with Komodo IDE

Tomaž Zaman tomaz at optiss.si
Wed Jan 21 11:07:03 CET 2009

Hey guys I have some questions regarding faster extension development.

I got an advice on the #typo3 irc channel that I should use one of the IDEs
to debug my extensions properly, so I installed Zend studio, Eclipse and
Komodo and I find latter the best option (don't know why, seems the fastest
compared to other two). I have been developing with Textmate until now, but
I'm somewhat tired of always using the t3lib_div::debug() function, because
it's pretty time consuming addin/removing that. And now when I try to work
with Komodo IDE, I'm pretty lost. I've added a new project, new folder named
Typo3 and in that folder I added my development typo3 installation folder.
Now I can see all my development files and I can edit them. I also installed
xdebug, set php to use it, so from technical point of view, it works. But
now I'm a bit confused about debugging my plugins, should I debug the
class.tx_myext_pi1.php file from start to end or should I debug the main
index.php and pass it parameters as if I were looking the page with the ID
of my plugin. Also is there a problem with symlinks because I use the
symlinked version of TYPO3. I'm pretty sure that all of those IDEs have
pretty similar way of debugging so any help regarding this issue would be
greatly appreciated. I only found a few tutorials on the web regarding the
setup of everything but none about actually doing it on a project.

Thanx in advance

Tom

Optiss Tomaž Zaman s.p.
Mala Kostrevnica 1a