[TYPO3-english] tx_comments and caching of tt_news

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jan 20 13:22:35 CET 2009

Hi!

Dmitry Martynenko wrote:
> DD> I think you use MyISAM for cache tables. Tables will be locked in
> DD> this case and you will see site lock up.
>
> Yes. We haven't upgraded to TYPO3 4.2 yet.

You can do it manually too. It is as simple as "alter table cache_pages engine=innodb" in the command line client or phpmyadmin.

> But on russian TYPO3 forum some users write they have troubles with
> innodb for cache tables. It is dangerous to do such upgrades on
> production server when site must work 24 hours per day.

Probably they did not put good parameters for innodb. I run with InnoDb on these tables for several years now (since 3.7.8 I think). It really speeds up things because there are no locks.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team