[TYPO3-english] tx_comments and caching of tt_news

Dmitry Martynenko dima at realt.by
Mon Jan 19 15:38:33 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry,

>> Making tx_comments as USER_INT in scenario save us :)

DD> Why would you do it? It will run non–cached all the time and make performance much worse.

I noticed that time to time site become very slow or even stop
responding at all. Once I post comment by myself and site stop responding.

I found bottleneck!

Comments extension clear cache for one page with all single news,
which contains many news cached. And this operation
takes very long time - delete many records from table of 1.5 Gb size.
While MySQL does this very slow operation - it is going to be slow for
other requests. They have accumulated and quickly eat away all possible MySQL
connections. Site stops respoding at all.

After making tx_comments as USER_INT all work perfectly.

May be this page has slightly greater generation time, but it
does not affect all site so dramatically.

PS: Flexible caching framework is must have thing for big sites