[TYPO3-english] Duplicate cHash values

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Jan 19 10:28:40 CET 2009

Tomaž Zaman schrieb:
> One newbie question, if I build my own extension, extending pibase, do I
> need to use these Chashes with my links (links are mostly in listview,
> pointing to single view). And if yes, why?

cHashes are used to bring a page into different "states".

Example:
Page 14 has an extension with a pagebrowser on it.
Page 1 of the Pagebrowser will need an own cache "state" of the page.
Page 2 of the pagebrowser will need its own "state" too.

Or (in your case) Page ID 14 will have 10000 "states" of single views.

Chashes are shortMD5 Hashes of the used GET Parameters (and some other
stuff as well).

clearer now?

Enjoy
Mattes