[TYPO3-english] Duplicate cHash values

Dmitry Martynenko dima at realt.by
Mon Jan 19 09:53:28 CET 2009

Hi guys!

>>> This is an extremely serious issue for us, so I can write a patch. I
>>> don't know where to start though - so any guidance you can provide is
>>> appreciated.
>>
>> I am guessing >
>> http://www.typo3-unleashed.net/typo3apidocs/typo3api_4.2.0/html/d8/d11/class_8tslib__fe_8php-source.html#l01745
>>  => shortMD5
>> and the DB field is probably too short

I can suppose one improvement for keep up speed!

I have analyzed similar problem in thread "[TYPO3-english] unwanted cHash is generated in 50% links from USER_INT plugin"
and I discover that increase this values from 8-10 chars to full 32
chars MD5 value has disadvantages.

For example seek by this 32 chars keys become slow on big tables.

May be better solution is to decrease key length - for example use 16
byte (binary) MD5 value, instead of 32 chars value. In any case they are equal.
Binary comparison is always faster then text comparison. Because text
comparison also takes in account character sets and case sensitivity.

--
Dmitry Martynenko
Developer

Web: http://realt.by