[TYPO3-english] Pid counter edit

Peter Russ "peter,russ" at 4many.net
Thu Jan 15 18:27:14 CET 2009

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   maaboo
Datum:       15.01.2009 17:06:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to edit pages id? I want to delete some pages and create
> another with same ids. I tried to clear tables "pages" and "tt_content" but
> nothing. Every new created page has id one up to deleted last (30, 31.. etc,
> instead of 3,4). Can i edit pid counter manually?

As long as you didn't "hard" delete the pages with e.g. phpmyadmin in
the db it just hidden due the flag deleted = 1.
As this page id is the primary key of the table and autoincrement there
is no way to create two of the same value.
So if you want to "reuse deleted" id undeleted them and do what you
wanna do with that page.

If you want you can give that a try:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-recycler

--