[TYPO3-english] Working with Eclipse PDT 2.0 and TYPO3

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jan 15 13:35:24 CET 2009

Hi!

Andy Grunwald [wmdb] wrote:
> If i type $this->cObj-> or $GLOBALS['TYPO3_db']-> i don`t become a list
> of variables, constants and methods. And this is my big problem.

For $GLOBALS you are out of luck completely. There is no workaround.

For $this->cObj you need to set the type of this variable. Usuaully it happens like this:

	/**
	 * Content object (set from the outside)
	 *
	 * @var	tslib_cObj
	 */
	public $cObj;

You can also check PDT help. It describes the other @var syntax that will help you with local variables inside functions even if tr3lib_div::makeInstance() is used.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team

Mr. Harris: People say that you were the last person to speak with Jordon...
            Is that true?
Cameron: I don't know. Are you asking me if people say I was the last person
            to talk to Jordon? Or are you asking me if I was the last person
            to talk to her?
Mr. Harris: I guess I'm asking if you were.
Cameron: I don't know.