[TYPO3-english] Blog and forum extensions?

Manuel Rego Casasnovas mrego at igalia.com
Wed Jan 14 18:13:06 CET 2009

Hello,

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 16:50 +0800, Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) wrote:
> My customer wants to have a blog (actually 7 blogs) and a discussion
> forum for different groups.
>
> Are there extensions available, or do I redirect to another external
> program for that? I hope that there is a way to include it in Typo3,
> since I do not want to redesign the blog / forum to fit to the template
> of his typo3 site.

I've been testing forums extension these days (mm_forum, chc_forum and
wec_discussion), and depending on your needs you should select one or
other extension.

For example if you need that anonymous users could write posts, you
can't use mm_forum.

If you like to have captcha or RSS you can't use chc_forum (maybe with
chc_forum_feed and chc_forum_popup).

If you need bbcode for posts you can't use wec_discussion.

I'm in this situation right now, so I'm going to try to have all these
features with chc_forum:
   * Anonymous users can write posts
   * Captcha
   * RSS
   * bbcode

Even when the last version of this extension is from 2006, I think that
I could try to add RSS support and a captcha field with chc_forum_feed
and chc_forum_popup.

Best regards,
   Rego

--