[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 Browser-Search

Martin Holtz typo3 at martinholtz.de
Tue Jan 13 23:49:17 CET 2009

Hi,

as it is usefull for me, perhaps it is also for you:

Firefox and Internet Explorer has a integrated Browser-Search. If you type some words in, you will be redirected to google for example.

I played a little bit around with that feature and i wrote some scripts, which redirects you to different websites, depending on the first substring

gg typo3 => you will be redirected to google with search "typo3"
ext tt_news => you will be redirected to typo3.org/extensions/
etc.

You can add now an TYPO3 Browser Search "engine" on
http://www.martinholtz.de/index.php?id=219

We have now this shortcuts:

mm | search in mittwald medien
ext | search in typo3.org/extensions
wiki | search in wiki.typo3.org
snip | search in snippets.typo3.org
forge | search in forge.typo3.org
api | search in latest api (if you enter api only, you will get an overview of available apis)
api4.2.1 / api3.8.0 / ... | search in api of requested version
gg | search in google.com or google.de depends on search-plugin language
leo | search in dict.leo.org
php | search in php.net/
mysql | search on mysql.com
wec | search on webempoweredchurch.com
comment | write a comment to this feature (this comment will be noticed and you will be sent to the wiki)

If you type only an ? you should get the actuall list of possible features.

More Informations about TYPO3 Browser Search:
http://wiki.typo3.org/OpenSearch

Questions, suggestions?

regards,
martin