[TYPO3-english] RealURL config question

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 12 22:20:03 CET 2009

Hi!

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out what configuration needs to be made to make it
> so the URL from the first site is "like" the url for the second.
>
> What I have is this (both of these links are tt_news articles):
>
> http://www.2elearning.com/lead-news/article/best-of-elearning-awards-2008.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=1&cHash=e00ba7d2d8
>
> I'd like to remove everything past the question mark so it looks like this:
>
> http://www.giftwarenews.com/news-trends/headline-news/article/let-your-pro-show.html
>
> Any ideas on where I look or what configuration change I need to make is
> much appreciated.

You need to change tt_news configuration, not RealURL :) There is a property in tt_news TS named something like dontUseBackPid. Set it to 1. Check tt_news manual for the exact property name.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team

Mr. Harris: People say that you were the last person to speak with Jordon...
            Is that true?
Cameron: I don't know. Are you asking me if people say I was the last person
            to talk to Jordon? Or are you asking me if I was the last person
            to talk to her?
Mr. Harris: I guess I'm asking if you were.
Cameron: I don't know.