[TYPO3-english] tx_comments and caching of tt_news

Frank Sonck frank.sonck at freebel.net
Mon Jan 12 22:11:22 CET 2009

Hello,

I am facing a bit of a dilemma. Maybe someone has a good suggestion or
experience.

Untill now I am using ve_guestbook for comments on tt_news articles. But
this extension (the comments form) deactivates page caching. Since the
number of articles is getting bigger this is becoming a website
performance killer.

So maybe it would be better to use tx_comments. This extension doesn't
stop pages from being cached.
But the manual says:

Automatically clear cache for any page(s) when comment is added

Now if I have 1000 articles, all of them already visited at least one
time and thus already cached (this is 1000 cached views of my article
page), adding a new comment for 1 article would mean that I 'lose' these
   1000 cached views? This would seem like wasted work for the server
and another performance killer?

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Thanks,

Frank