[TYPO3-english] virus/worm on Typo3 installation.

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 12 13:12:36 CET 2009

Hi!

Asbjørn Morell wrote:
> When I open my homepage Avast antivirus gives me a warning:
>
> Access blocked to:
> whitebiz.vn
> wertionase.com
>
> I looked at the html source and there is some encrypted javascript at
> the bottom. (see below) This can't be good. I tried replacing the Typo3
> dir with a fresh source and cleared backend and frontend case. Any ideas
> wgere this is coming from? The webserver is hosted at servage.com

Check your templates, TS, etc. It definitely does not come from the core. Most likely you have an easy BE password or bad file system permissions, or 3rd party script that allows execution of the external files in server context, etc.

In other words, search for the security problems on the server.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team

Mr. Harris: People say that you were the last person to speak with Jordon...
            Is that true?
Cameron: I don't know. Are you asking me if people say I was the last person
            to talk to Jordon? Or are you asking me if I was the last person
            to talk to her?
Mr. Harris: I guess I'm asking if you were.
Cameron: I don't know.