[TYPO3-english] How to debug while creating extensions

Mario Rimann typo3-coding at rimann.org
Sat Jan 10 17:15:32 CET 2009

Hi Jeppe

Jeppe Donslund schrieb:
> Are the any tools or extensions I can use to debug my extension to find
> out why this error occurs?

You can use the debug() method from the t3lib_div class. Just call
debug($a) to see, what $a contains. In addition you could use debug($a,
'foobar') to render the content of $a together with a short description
(helpful if you use debug() on different point in your code.

BTW, this runs smoothly on your local host - on remote hosts, you need
to either
- set the devIPMask accordingly (recommended!)
- call t3lib_div::debug() to avoid the IP check (don't do this on live
sites or everyone will see your debug stuff!!)

Cheers,
Mario

--
Mario Rimann - Screenteam GmbH, Zürich
Freelancer / Contractor for TYPO3 support/implementation and extension