[TYPO3-english] Template change at a subpage

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Sat Jan 10 11:22:55 CET 2009

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) pisze:
> I have a template, where on the left side the menu is located. This menu
> is in the way at one sub page.
>
> How do I change the template at a sub page? I mean if I define a new
> template at that branch, will the TS still be taken from the root
> template or do I need to copy everything over from the root template?

You have two options first (easier to implement to the beginer) is as
you mentioned, add a new sub-template record, where you
overwrite/add/remove only needed parts.

   page.10.subparts.LEFT_MENU < temp.overwriteOldLeftMenu
   page.10.subparts.RIGHT_MENU < temp.addNewRightMenu
   page.10.subparts.BORDER_CONTENT >

(last line clears BORDER_CONTENT - content)

second option is to use condition in main template based on Layout field
of page's properties form (then you can change layouts without creating
additional template record per one click on every page):

[1]http://www.typo3wizard.com/en/snippets/cool-stuff-typoscript/using-the-layout-field-in-tt-content-and-pages.html