[TYPO3-english] FE localization of keywords (TemplaVoilà)

Olivier Schopfer ops at wcc-coe.org
Fri Jan 9 16:04:24 CET 2009

Friends,

Working on a page template that will display data on countries in
various languages.

I'm trying to render localized versions of a field that can have a
limited number of values (keywords).

I tried to set it up that way:

<field_classification type="array">
	<type>array</type>
	<tx_templavoila type="array">
		<title>Classification</title>
		<sample_data type="array">
			<numIndex index="0"></numIndex>
		</sample_data>
		<eType>select</eType>
	</tx_templavoila>
	<TCEforms type="array">
		<displayCond>HIDE_L10N_SIBLINGS</displayCond>
		<config type="array">
			<type>select</type>
			<items type="array">
                             <numIndex index="0" type="array">
                                 <numIndex index="0"></numIndex>
                                 <numIndex index="1"></numIndex>
                             </numIndex>
                             <numIndex index="1" type="array">
                             	<numIndex
index="0">LLL:EXT:os_prayer_cycle_menus/pi1/locallang.xml:least_dev_cn</numIndex>
                                 <numIndex index="1">Least developed
country</numIndex>
                             </numIndex>
                             <numIndex index="2" type="array">
                                 <numIndex
index="0">LLL:EXT:os_prayer_cycle_menus/pi1/locallang.xml:cn_in_trans</numIndex>
                                 <numIndex index="1">Economy in
transition</numIndex>
                             </numIndex>
				etc...
                         </items>
                         <default>0</default>
               	</config>
		<label>Classification</label>
	</TCEforms>
</field_classification>

Unfortunately, this works only for the backend, not for the rendering.

I guess I have to convert the keywords into their localized translation
vie Typoscript... Is that the only way? Any idea how to do in a simple way?

Thanks in advance.

Olivier Schopfer
www.oikoumene.org