[TYPO3-english] Page title in heading and submenu of a page

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Jan 8 10:43:11 CET 2009

Hi,

>> It's not like i came and posted on the first issue i ran into, i've been
>> reading tutorials and googleing  for days now, the information on
>> typo3 is
>> far from being "beginner friendly". I admit, for those who work with
>> typo3

That's true!

>> on regular basis the mail lists are pure gold, but for those who use
>> it for
>> the first time is the only way to ask a question (even is dumb or
>> obvious).

Yes but before asking a question I always try to learn a bit myself.

Asking simple questions when knowing nothing or nearly nothing from
TYPO3 won't help you much.

>> I'm not lazy and i'm willing to search / try / work a solution. I
>> don't want
>> code, but i need more than "RTFM".

Then you should go on http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/
and start reading what's proposed on this page, namely "Getting
Started", "Templating" and then TypoScript By example. You should *then*
and *after* trial and error be able to understand a bit more how TYPO3
works and use the mailing list to actually get help. Prior to this
honestly, I find that you missed something in your TYPO3 learning program.

I may hurt a little but if you're not lazy (and you don't have to be
able to learn and use TYPO3 as administrator) then there is not many
other way.

Ah, wait! You may read one of the official book on TYPO3 you may buy on
Amazon. They are great too and may be better at enabling a newcomer to
do something useful with TYPO3.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html