[TYPO3-english] How to extend the indexed_search

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jan 6 19:12:38 CET 2009

Hi!

Vikas wrote:
> I have made a custom extension, in that i am adding this line in my
> ext_localconf.php file:
> *$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[TYPO3_MODE]["XCLASS"]["ext/indexed_search/pi/class.tx_indexedsearch.php"]
> = t3lib_extMgm::extPath('addonscripts')."class.ux_tx_indexedsearch.php";

This is how you declare XCLASS. But you should also include original class.tx_indexedsearch.php into your class.ux_tx_indexedsearch.php. How do you do it?

Btw, it is better to use single quotes in PHP. It is faster and better for security.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team

Mr. Harris: People say that you were the last person to speak with Jordon...
            Is that true?
Cameron: I don't know. Are you asking me if people say I was the last person
            to talk to Jordon? Or are you asking me if I was the last person
            to talk to her?
Mr. Harris: I guess I'm asking if you were.
Cameron: I don't know.