[TYPO3-english] I need your suggestions on extension

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Jan 6 17:19:01 CET 2009

Hi Joydeep at infoservices.in,

> 1> I am in search of an extension which can play background mp3 music at
> my site.

Searching for mp3 on http://typo3.org/extensions gives a few result:

- fe_mp3player:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/fe_mp3player/current/
- wec_flashplayer:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/wec_flashplayer/current/

and two recently updated:

- media_center:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/media_center/current/
- pmkmp3player:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/pmkmp3player/current/

There's a great list of such extensions. Search for recently updated
extensions that have many downloads and you should be right.

> 2> Also need an extension which can play mp3,avi,mpeg files . It is not
> a must that It should always maintain a play list. But it should handle
> single mp3 files so that different pages have different mp3 or in a
> single page different mp3 can be listed with the play option.

Idem as before.

> 3> For the pages which have huge content , I like to add a frame inside
> the page so that it can be scrolled with in the page content. Hence the
> header and footer can maintain their location.

IMHO it should be tackled with at CSS level. Ask your friends for this.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html