[TYPO3-english] How to extend the indexed_search

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jan 6 15:47:54 CET 2009

Hi!

Vikas wrote:
> I am not able to xclass/extend * tx_indexedsearch *class of*
> **class.tx_indexedsearch.php* file in the indexed_search extension.
>
> But,  if i add this line:
>
>  /global $TYPO3_CONF_VARS;/
>
> in the file *class.tx_indexedsearch.php*, then i can successfully extend
> the class.
>
> Can anybody tell me that, is this a bug in indexed_search or i am
> missing something?

It should work out of the box. Could you provide a little more information, please? What TYPO3 version do you use? How do you include original indexed search file into your file (inside a function or on global level)?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team

Mr. Harris: People say that you were the last person to speak with Jordon...
            Is that true?
Cameron: I don't know. Are you asking me if people say I was the last person
            to talk to Jordon? Or are you asking me if I was the last person
            to talk to her?
Mr. Harris: I guess I'm asking if you were.
Cameron: I don't know.