[TYPO3-english] Direct Mail categories / sr_feuser_register

j.hetter at freenet.de j.hetter at freenet.de
Tue Jan 6 11:52:44 CET 2009

Hi,
I set up a Typo3 installation with direct mail for newsletters and sr_feuser_register. Everything works fine except the direct mail categories. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. I thought I could use the direct mail categories to select if a user wants the newsletter. So I called the category "Yes, subscribe to newsletter". If a user selects this option he's supposed to get the newsletter, elsewise not.
When I select the "Yes, subscribe to the newsletter" category during creation of the newsletter in the "Direct Mail" module then only the subscribed users get the content of the newsletter. All other users get an empty newletter. That's not what I want. :(

It seems using direct mail categories in sr_feuser_register is not the appropriate solution. So how can I set up direct mail so that users can sign up for the newsletter as a whole and not only for a category.

I'm using Typo 4.2, and the latest direct mail and sr_feuser_register.

Thanks in advance

Juergen

Ist Ihr wunschname at freenet.de noch frei?
Jetzt prüfen und kostenlose E-Mail-Adresse sichern!
http://email.freenet.de/dienste/emailoffice/produktuebersicht/basic/mail/index.html?pid=6829