[TYPO3-english] Template update - when does it happen?

Bas v.d. Wiel j.a.m.v.d.wiel at tue.nl
Tue Jan 6 10:32:24 CET 2009

Hello Alister,
The learning curve is indeed steep, especially because there are so many
ways to reach identical results using TYPO3. Much depends on personal
preferences, which you as a newcomer probably haven't developed yet..
which makes things complicated.

Before I can help you with your question I need to know what exactly you
mean by 'template'. Do you mean a HTML file that you use as a template
for your design, or are you refering to a TypoScript template record? In
TYPO3's terminology a template is usually the latter, but the rest of
the world tends to refer to the former as a template.

When you update/save a TypoScript template by submitting the editing
form, usually the entire site's caches are automatically flushed and
you'll see the effects of your changes immediately once you refresh your
browser.

Regards,
Bas