[TYPO3-english] Template update - when does it happen?

Alister Mitchell alister.mitchell at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 6 10:14:03 CET 2009

A newbie question - apologies to all you wizards.
I'm trying to get to grips with v4.2 which seems poorly covered by the documentation.  After editing and saving a template directly, I am told to press Update Template in the constant editor - but there is no such button.  It would seem that the template is uploaded automatically at some point, but I can't work out when.  Is it when the cache is cleared?
Somebody said the learning curve for Typo3 is steep - they weren't kidding!

Alister

Alister J Mitchell GM3UDL
(Glasgow, Scotland)
-- Any object of non-trivial complexity is non-optimum,
   in the sense that it can be improved in some way
   (while still remaining non-optimum).
   - Donald Knuth, TUGboat Vol 29 No 2, Summer 2008