[TYPO3-english] how to remove the trailing slash from url's

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 5 19:39:52 CET 2009

Hi!

Rupali wrote:
> ok. Then how to achieve http://mydomain.com/my-page ?
> - is it possible that http://mydomain.com/my-page is the only valid url,

You need to use one of RealURL hooks to post-process generated URLs. Hook name is 'encodeSpURL_postProc'. It is a normal TYPO3 userFunc hook.

> - and for others e.g.http://mydomain.com/my-page/ we generate 404 ?

Here you can use another hook named 'decodeSpURL_preProc'.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team

Mr. Harris: People say that you were the last person to speak with Jordon...
            Is that true?
Cameron: I don't know. Are you asking me if people say I was the last person
            to talk to Jordon? Or are you asking me if I was the last person
            to talk to her?
Mr. Harris: I guess I'm asking if you were.
Cameron: I don't know.