[TYPO3-english] plugin.tt_news.displayLatest.title_stdWrap.crop

Paulo Miranda paulorms at tre-sc.gov.br
Thu Feb 26 22:12:32 CET 2009

Some days ago, I put a question on the TYPO3-english list: how to crop
the title of specific tt_news plugin by TypoScript. As I got the
solution by myself, I would like to share it just in case someone is
looking for some hint.

A general solution is to use the script below:

   1.

      plugin.tt_news.displayLatest.title_stdWrap.crop = 100 | ...

The disavantage with this approach is in the case a page has more than
one tt_news (LATEST) plugin, each of them needing specific croping, as
it's my case.

The solution is to use the extension tt_news_marker. After its
installation and configuration as explained here
(http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/ttnews_marker/0.0.6/view/1/2/),
it's necessary to add the marker ###MY_MARKER### in the html template.
At last, add the script bellow in the Setup:

plugin.tt_news.extensions.ttnews_marker.marker {
  my_marker {
    field = title
    wrap = <h1>|<h1>
    crop = 65|...
  }
}

p.s.:

    * ###MY_MARKER### in uppercase
    * my_marker in lowercase
    * take off or comment the original ###NEWS_TITLE###

All the best,

--
Paulo Miranda