[TYPO3-english] Group users and tt_news articles

StephenBungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Thu Feb 26 15:47:23 CET 2009

Sergio Catalá Gil wrote:

>> There's an access field for the articles too.
>
> Yeah, that's exactly what I tried! :)
>
> If I include some category inside the tt_news article, article disappear
> from the LIST plugin if the user isn't logged in.

Yes, this will happen, if you say only Usergroup X should see this article,
and the user is not looged in.

You must either force them to login first before you show the LIST, or don't
protect the articles, but the content items.

Have one LIST that shows all news.

On the SINGLE page, have one SINGLE content item set to show when no one is
logged in, and one when someone form usergroup X is logged in.

Then use categories.

I would make two. One for every article. To show up in the SINGLE content
item that is shown when no one is logged in. Then give the articles you want
protected two categories, make sure that the SINGLE plugin checks for AND
categories and select the second category instead of the first.

-----
--
Stephen Bungert