[TYPO3-english] Felogin, TYPO3 4.2.6 and problem with staying logged in.

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Feb 26 12:13:39 CET 2009

I have some strange behavior regarding login and stay logged in on one website.

TYPO3 4.2.6
felogin

To describe the problem:

There is no problem to login. The user get also redirected to the correct
page, and the protected content and menu of accessrestricted pages is showing
like it should (with one exeption) . And then the funny part starting.

1. If I use Firefox 3.0.6 on my laptop I can change to every of the accessrestricted
pages without been thrown out.
2. In Opera 9.63 on my desktop I have the same behavior as in Firefox on
laptop
3. In Opera 9.63 on my laptop the user gets redirected and the page is shown
as it should. But if I try to navigate in the menu to one of the restricted
pages, I get logged out.
4. Internet Explorer has the behavior of 3 on both the laptop and the desktop.
5. Safari on the desktop the user is logged out on the redirect.

I have tried disabling redirect with no changes in behavior.

But it gets even more strange. I have 3 other sites in the same installation.
In these I can login and I stay logged in as I navigate to different pages.

And of course I have cleared domain cookies.

I have an idea of what the problem may be. But I'm not sure. On the site
with "strange behavior" I have two fe_typo_user in the domain cookie (one
with host .www.domain.com and one with www.domain.com, the dot at the begining
are the differende). On the other sites I have only one. The sites with problem
is updated last night, and the update is done with publishing a workspace.
I have also generated a preview link to check out the site before publishing
(less than 48 hours ago). So maybe the answer is here. The two fe_typo3_user
expires in one week and in one month.

Somebody who have a solution on this strange problem. I'm a bit stuck.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no