[TYPO3-english] Removing "*" from filename in Constant Editor

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:08:52 CET 2009

Hi lists,

I've created a constants.txt file, to be included through "Include static
(from extensions)" and then edit the constants thorugh Template -> Constant
Editor. One of the fields are ment for the a image and is defined by this

# cat=plugin.tx_solutiotemplate/file; type=file[jpg,png]; label= Top image
topImage =

But, when I choose a file through "Browse" and saves the template, the
filename is suddenly filename*.gif, TYPO3(?) have added a "*" to the
filename, making the newly saved constants useless with my TypoScript setup,
that is generating the CSS.

Does anybody know, how to remove added star or another solution on how to
get the correct filename?

Regards,

Søren Malling