[TYPO3-english] "DELETE FROM fe_sessions" job causes server to hang(Case 851)

Søren Madsen sma at cs.au.dk
Wed Feb 25 11:24:51 CET 2009

On 25/02/2009, at 10.51, Konstantin wrote:

> Seems this SQL from gc() function in class.t3lib_userauth.php.
>
> Here deleted old sessions - you can change class variables:
>
> var $gc_time = 24;   // GarbageCollection. Purge all session data
> older
> than $gc_time hours.
> var $gc_probability = 1;  // Possibility (in percent) for
> GarbageCollection
> to be run.
>
> Set gc_time less than 24 and gc_probability set more than 1 (it's
> mean that
> ~one from every 100nd showed page will ask to delete old sessions)

This seems like the right place to look for an answer to this - thank
you!

I checked our class.t3lib_userauth.php and we have:

var $gc_time = 0; // GarbageCollection. Purge all server session data
older than $gc_time seconds. 0 = default to $this->timeout or use
86400 seconds (1 day) if $this->lifetime is 0
var $gc_probability = 1;	// Possibility (in percent) for
GarbageCollection to be run.

Any opinions on whether it would be a good idea to spread this over
the day by setting the $gc_time to something like 4 ?

Regards, Søren