[TYPO3-english] Cooluri and shortcuts

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Tue Feb 24 22:12:14 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry,

> I went looking to the code in order to patch these issues quickly for the customer and found that the code is a complete mess. I wrote to Jan but he was not interested to make the code more readable or to follow TYPO3 coding conventions.

it's not like I'm not interested, but this would take a lot of time,
which I don't have. I know, that refactoring is required.

The good think is, that although it's such a mess, the code (I mean the
CoolUri core) has worked ever since it was written without any major
flaws. Well, there were some security issues, but not a single major bug.

> I can't really talk aloud about these issues. I maintain an extension that Jan sees as "competing".

I believe that I can remove the words about voodoo from the manual.
RealUrl has developed to be more user friendly. I haven't used is
though, so I cannot say. But frankly, it used to be voodoo, at least for me.

--
Jan Bednarik
www.bednarik.org - web about Typo3 in czech