[TYPO3-english] Cooluri and shortcuts

Sandro Hagen shagen at dachcomdigital.com
Tue Feb 24 16:26:58 CET 2009

Hi dmitry

Thanks for these informations about URL-Rewriting Extensions at all. So
after this statement, i have to think again about the question which
extension i should use and support as "standard" for our projects in my
company :-)

> I do not want to start "holy wars" of any kind.
YES please! I totally agree with that and thats not the sense of TYPO3 and
it's philosophy at all. So there are no "competing"-extensions at all in my
opinion but only alternative ways or concepts with more or less
functionality to do the same thing.
Finally, TYPO3 authors should just learn and discuss issues through this
"competition" :)

> People who use
> CoolURI now are not well informed about the existing and potential problems
> they have with CoolURI.
That's right. Everyone knows more about such problems?

> In RealURL you just delete the wrong entry and RealURL will create a new once
> when the page is accessed next time.
> Same as RealURL (autoconfiguration and "speaking url management" in Web>Info).
Nice, didn't realised before...

So i take care about my decision in the next project and therefore have to
read in realURL again i think :-)
And I will try again realURL out-of-the-box today, yeehaa.

Thanx a lot Dmitry!

DACHCOM digital AG
Bahnhofstrasse 10
CH-9424 Rheineck