[TYPO3-english] Fatal error - Allowed memory - class.t3lib_befunc.php (Case 844)

Søren Madsen sma at cs.au.dk
Tue Feb 24 16:21:14 CET 2009

We have an installation with approximately 12.000 pages, of which
8.000 are visible in the frontend.

If an administrator clicks a username in the useradmin module, the
following error is thrown:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried
to allocate 83 bytes) in /path/typo3_src-4.2.6/t3lib/
class.t3lib_befunc.php on line 621

Clicking the username lists all file- and webmounts, and misc. access
rights which obviously is a ridiculously large list, since this
installation also has a lot files and folders in the fileadmin folder,
and all trees are completely expanded. Can this behaviour be
controlled ie. NOT expanding the trees? Or can anything else be done
to optimize this?

Everything else works fine in the backend, as well as frontend - but
we are a bit concerned about this. Have we already reached the limit
of how many pages / much content TYPO3 is able/meant to manage?

Kind regards,