[TYPO3-english] Fork of Typo3 ?

Artemy Nikolsky artemy.nikolsky at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 13:18:43 CET 2009

"Dmitry Dulepov" <dmitry at typo3.org> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:
news:mailman.1.1235460165.22293.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Artemy Nikolsky wrote:
>> To buy many hardware it`s
>> 1) very boring  =)
>> 2) And it is not always possible (DC have not empty seat)
>> 3) Very long (I wait  2-3 weeks delivery of a server  + 1 week for stress
>> testing )
>> 4) And banal: no money (hello crisis)
>> 5) etc..
>
> <skip>
>
>> Typo3 Very big, it has many very perfect decisions in typo3core. Anyone
>> will
>> find in typo3 that is necessary for him. But it will be only 1 % from all
>> possibilities. For everyone this percent will be a miscellaneous.
>
> TYPO3 is enterprise CMS. It will not run on the celeron with 512M of RAM.
>
> If you expect to use an expensive car, be prepared to spend a lot of money
> for it. If you expect to use enterprise CMS, give it proper hardware. Or
> use some other CMS.

The train can carry many different cargoes on expensive rails. But it is not
able to do it as quickly as the jet plane. Also cannot deliver cargo there
where the small car can deliver.

Typo3 (as any other cms) not the exclusive car made by request of one
client. Typo3 mass and universal as a train, and consequently demanding
expensive hardwere

>> I spoke about such sheme:
>> typo3 <==> memcatch <==> webserver
>
> What if content on the page changes depending on the Frontend user? How
> this will work with your scheme?
Request go to typo3. Typo3 updates memcach. Nginx takes page from memcach
and inserts the updated blocks which as takes from memcache. This logic does
not demand more than I wrote earlier

In difficult cases it is necessary to use ideas tags in memcache
http://code.google.com/p/memcached-tag/ (This patch is not stable, it only
an example)