[TYPO3-english] Fork of Typo3 ?

Artemy Nikolsky artemy.nikolsky at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 13:06:42 CET 2009

"Xavier Perseguers" <typo3 at perseguers.ch> ???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????:
news:mailman.1.1235412262.2116.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi,
>
>>> I spoke about such sheme:
>>> typo3 <==> memcatch <==> webserver
>>
>> This sounds like a memcached version of nc_staticfilecache.
>>
>> Weather you use proxy servers or cache to file/memcache, use more servers
>> for DB etc.. there's always need for optimization in such environments,
>> but this applies not only for TYPO3 - this would be the same for other
>> CMSs/software.
>
> There was a point though in what said Artemy. Namely that for "common"
> use, one uses only a few percents of what TYPO3 may do. And the rest of
> code is a memory/cpu consumer, ...
>
> I guess the problem is the same with any software you develop and that is
> not targeted at a special usage. Artemy said that it would be great to
> "compile" TYPO3 according to our needs, a bit like the Linux kernel. But
> this is already partly possible, you may remove/add backend and frontend
> modules. In fact, the "core" of TYPO3 is like a kernel with lots of
> built-in modules, yes it is! But there's not so many alternatives, provide
> enough ram, cpu and for short hardware and TYPO3 will be your friend even
> with high loads.
>
> If you need really more, then you'll have to tweak it a bit like a Linux
> kernel... Remove the well-known underlying library that does it job well
> but is not quick enough for you and replace it with some really-dedicated
> code you wrote. It's up to you but one cannot expect a CMS to be quick and
> "light" in all respects when having to deal with unknown situations that
> differ from install to install.
>
> Now try... ... ... Moss (I wrote it!) and perhaps you'll understand what
> huge hardware means even for really small install and reall low demand ;-)

I wrote earlier that the config tt_news in my case was 3000 lines. This
madness.

After the made patches for typo3. We writing all necessary to us
possibilities on pure php. It has demanded about 3000 line.

But I think, all know as often first time requirements to a site can vary.
And how much we save time not making optimum design BE from zero in each
project. And many other reasons to use Typo3. But this decision can become
very expensive in the future. There is nothing ideal in the world