[TYPO3-english] RealURL and domain "container"

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Feb 24 08:02:33 CET 2009

Hi!

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> So here's what happens with RealURL on and domain containers unhidden.
>
> If I navigate to any of these sites the HOME page works correctly.  If I
> then navigate to the "Contacts" Page the content that is displayed is
> the content loaded for the HOME page (<title></title> is also Home).
> The RealURL URI is correct, however:
> http://site1.com/about-us/contacts.html
>
> If I turn RealURL off I of course get the id=### URI and it loads the
> proper content.

The reason for this problem is always the same: incomplete configuration :) You do not have all domains configured in the RealURL configuration. For example, if one of your sites can be accessed with www.example.com/example.com and the other with www.example2.com/example2.com. If you confogure only www.example.com and ww2.example.com and forget their non-www synonyms, you'll get the problem you described. RealURL will attemot to recover from the configuration error and find domain by itself. Often it will end up on the first found domain, which is often a wrong one. There is no magic here to do. Missing domain *is* a error.

Next version of RealURL will come with a "strict" mode where it will display a error instead of silent recovering.

> Ideas?  Is there a configuration I'm missing?  Is this not the intent
> for the "domain" container?  I'm I just dense?

I am not sure what you mean by "container" in this case. Neither TYPO3, nor RealURL has such term.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team