[TYPO3-english] Add conditional CSS through Templavoila

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Feb 23 12:23:51 CET 2009

Hi!

Erik Svendsen wrote:
> But I will advise you to not include the stylesheet through Templavoila.
> I think it's better to use page.HeaderData beacuse it gives you better
> controll over the order of CSS-files and also other elements in the
> header. Also the use of page.includeCSS is possible to have the
> CSS-files in correct order. But it don't give the possibility to use
> conditional comments. But condition in TYPO3 gives you the possibility
> to serve different stylesheets to different browsers.

The recommendation above goes against the official TemplaVoila recommendations. It will not work if there many different templates for the same data source. When template is changed, that TS will have to be updated too. If CSS is mapped as header parts, TV takes care about it.

The issue with conditional comments in TV is fixed by Steffen Kamper and will appear in the next TV version.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team