[TYPO3-english] Typoscript: & is always converted to &

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Feb 23 10:00:08 CET 2009

Hi Peter,

> I have the following TS lines:
>
> page.headerData.999 {
>   value = <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
> href="/index.php?id={TSFE:id}&type=31" />
>   insertData = 1
> }
>
> Too bad, the "&" always gets converted to &amp; in the output HTML so
> the whole thing doesn't work. I can insert "&amp;" into the TS what also
> gives me an &amp; in the output...
>
> Any idea?

This is correct behaviour in XHTML as the & introduce an entity. As such
it simply cannot be left alone. Never, even in links and it just works well.

If you do not want & to be converted to &amp; then you are trying to
modify the wrong part of your TS. Search for the config part where you
declared that output should be XHTML, and change this to standard HTML.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en