[TYPO3-english] Templa Voila reuse content elements

Andrew Plank plankmeister_NO at SPAM_hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 08:14:31 CET 2009

Marco Couperus wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a templavoila ds/ ts fully functional and a simple menu up and
> running. I have 5 pages where the same content would apply. I'll take a
> login box as an example.
>
> I assume that it is perfectly possible to refer from Templavoila to a
> typoscript object reference and use the reference of the login box. I'm just
> wondering: is the only way to rome? We just started out using typo3 so the
> admins are still be "scared" of the TS monster.
>
> So we end up with asking: How do you get a login box on all five pages
> without going over to each page and assign the content box and if possible
> avoid TS?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Marco

Use "lib" objects. When mapping a TV field, use the "TyposScript Object
Path" editing type, and set the object path to something like
"lib.loginBox" Then you set up a lib object template in TS that "points"
to a distinct content element thusly:

lib.loginBox = RECORDS
lib.loginBox.tables = tt_content
lib.loginBox.source = 125
lib.loginBox.dontCheckPid = 1

In this case, the uid of the content element that contains the actual
login box is 125. Change to suit your needs. Make sure you include this
TS template in your root template!

Then, any page that uses this TV template, will have that same login box
rendered on all of them. Also, because it's a lib object, it won't be
visible as an editable content element in the page or list module.

//Plank