[TYPO3-english] t3sec_saltedpw

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Feb 21 10:51:38 CET 2009

Hi Marcus,

thanks for your fast reply.

Marcus Krause wrote:
>> Are there plans for 4.3?
>
> Yes, have a look at http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/typo3v4-core/43_roadmap
> ! You will notice that "Salted MD5 passwords for frontend and backend"
> are planned.

Ah.. I forgot the roadmap in forge..

> However, one important thing has to be done before:
> "RSA authentication library/service"
Yes.. I knew this and already read about RSA lib for TYPO3 while hack
contest, but had no idea if it will be integrated in 4.3 (searched
bugtracker and core list, but no RFC existed)..

I will try this extension.
Thanks for the great work!

> If you are interested and able to contribute, there's a lot to be done.
> A first start would be the todo list in the manual. MD5 is pretty much
> hardcoded in the BE.
>
> Anyone could help; just drop me a note and we could discuss/coordinate
> the work that's waiting to get done. ;-)
Okay, I'd like to do some smaller tasks.

Steffen

P.S: The idea to update the password directly at login is really great! I
thought passwords will be salted only when user changes is password. Great
idea ;-)